Comment Guidelines and Policies
Respect your neighbors and practice good online etiquette. Treat others as you would during a courteous face-to-face conversation. Be a better neighbor! This is a chance for you to contribute valuable information. Thanks for being a part of our community.
- Personal Attack - Don’t post personal attacks. This includes directly or indirectly insulting another user (or group of users) by name-calling, labeling, making sweeping generalizations or posting accusations. This also applies to members in the community who may or may not be EveryBlock users (for example business owners, elected officials, etc.). If you feel a discussion makes you uncomfortable or if you have lost interest, you can unsubscribe, hide the discussion, or mute specific users. (link for how to mute or unsubscribe people/feeds)
- Privacy Violation - Respect your neighbors’ privacy. Remember that Vintage Aerial is a public web site. Do not post contact information for yourself, other Vintage Aerial users, or anyone else in the community. This includes, phone numbers, email, or commercial information.
- Libel - Don’t be libelous. Vintage Aerial is not the place for posting rumors or gossip about your neighbors. Do not post falsehoods or misrepresentations of others portrayed as fact.
- Advertisement - Don’t post advertisements or solicitations. (For example: “Stop by Joe’s Car Wash for 50 percent off tomorrow!” or “Check out my apartment for rent. It’s only $800 per month.”) However, you may share information that would be considered beneficial and of interest to the community, such as community events, concerts, activities or new businesses opening in the neighborhood.
- Spam - Don’t spam the community. Avoid repeatedly sending the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages which contain no substantive content.
- Deleting conversations or closing comments - Vintage Aerial has the right to delete or close comments on any conversation that includes offensive language, a series of personal attacks, excessive arguing, or has veered off-topic from the subject of the original message posting.=
- Multiple Accounts - Don't set up or operate multiple accounts. Individuals are forbidden from creating and operating more than one account on Vintage Aerial. If we discover that any user is operating multiple accounts, all accounts associated with that user will be removed.
Vintage Aerial staff may remove, modify or correct comments and posts that violate these guidelines or that are flagged many times by Vintage Aerial users. If you have any further questions or feel that your comments were unjustly removed, please contact us.
Our guidelines are intended to keep discussions on Vintage Aerial informative, friendly, and respectful. If you violate these guidelines, we may remove your submission and/or deactivate your account. Recurring un-neighborly behavior or negative contributions even if not specifically addressed in the community guidelines, can still lead to the deactivation of a user's account. Work with us to keep Vintage Aerial a respectful community.