aa21830

34,510 Lifetime Points Joined 2019

Comments

300x
2-KVE-35 (1972)
This was formerly the site of the Rankin, Illinois rail yard, maintenance shop, roundhouse and turntable. According... more »
300x
57-BIR-15 (1965)
This is now the site of the Christian Bible Church. At the time of this photo, the farmstead was part of a 160... more »
300x
7-BNE-30 (1966)
In 1922, this elevator replaced the original structure which was damaged by a wind storm. The National Grain... more »
300x
1-BWA-5 (1980)
Puritan Water Conditioning, Inc on Lafayette Street in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
300x
17-XBE-1 (1983)
Talbot Grain's east facility would later lose two of the 75,000 bushel storage bins in May 1985, following... more »
300x
18-DBE-30 (1979)
Talbot Grain, east facility. The May 16, 1985 edition of the Journal and Courier (Lafayette, Indiana) reported... more »
300x
31-FBE-7 (1974)
The Talbot Grain Company was incorporated in 1919. The "American Co-operative Manager" publication... more »
300x
24-JIR-12 (1971)
Swing Elevator, purchased by father/son Marvin/Joe Swing in 1946. Operated by Goodwine Co-op since 1995.
300x
89-BIR-14 (1965)
Alonzo branch of Goodwine Cooperative. Original structure was constructed in 1920.
300x
94-BIR-13 (1965)
Grain elevator at Greer, constructed in 1908. As reported in the Grain Dealer's Journal, the elevator had... more »
300x
93-BIR-38 (1965)
This is the Hallock grain elevator, constructed in 1910 by Herron-Patterson Grain Company. As reported in the... more »
300x
106-BIR-24 (1965)
The cornfield behind this house is now the First Christian Church.
300x
95-BIR-13 (1976)
The grain elevator on the right was constructed in 1891 and operated by Allen Miner Eastburn, who owned about... more »
300x
106-BIR-22 (1965)
Berry's Processing on 522 E. Elm Street. From the 2017 Watseka Sesquicentennial special in the Watseka Times... more »
300x
106-BIR-30 (1965)
The historic Roff Home, famous for The Watseka Wonder.
300x
9-ANE-27 (1992)
The former Illiana Club.
300x
13-BIR-9 (1965)
Ken - take a look at the link below. There is a photo of a George Stump farm. Is this what you're looking... more »
300x
120-NIR-10 (1981)
Did you know...the land on which this farmstead was built was purchased from the U.S. Government by Hamilton... more »
300x
118-NIR-14 (1981)
In the background, a farmer practices the lost art of cultivating soybeans, with a 4-row field cultivator.
300x
10-BIR-3 (1965)
This house was located on 40 acres originally granted by Military Warrant to Mordecai Lambert, a Private in... more »
300x
2-BIR-27 (1965)
Snowcrest Farm
300x
1-BIR-24 (1965)
This old country schoolhouse was shown on Concord Township plat maps going back to 1874.
300x
107-BIR-24 (1976)
This is the old parsonage of Beaver Church, which was located directly across the road. The church was struck... more »
300x
66-LWI-29 (1973)
Guilford Hope Grange - 1947 N. Lyford Road.
300x
6-BIR-15 (1965)
This house was at one time the parsonage for Beaver Church, which was part of the Swedish Methodist Church... more »
300x
6-BIR-3 (1965)
This grain elevator is located at a site along the railroad called Hooper...not to be confused with North Hooper... more »
300x
9-BIR-5 (1965)
Hewson Ford Sales on lower right.
300x
121-AVE-15 (1979)
FMC plant - longtime employer of the Hoopeston area.
300x
3-NIR-28 (1981)
Central Bank of Ashkum. Merged with Iroquois Farmers State Bank in 2010.