mixdenny

17,415 Lifetime Points Joined 2016

Recent Activity

  • 010 ser 15
    Commented on 10-SER-15
    Erie County, OH
    In the early 1950s there was a Keller's Tavern listed there.
  • 008 dlo 08
    Commented on & geotagged 8-DLO-8
    Lorain County, OH
    Interesting. I see it was named after Carl Haines and Don Davis.
  • 042 elo 27
    Geotagged 42-ELO-27
    Lorain County, OH
  • 071 dlo 10
    Commented on & geotagged 71-DLO-10
    Lorain County, OH
    J.B, this is just north of Becker Rd, not south.
  • 071 dlo 25
    Commented on & geotagged 71-DLO-25
    Lorain County, OH
    West side of Baird Rd, the first farm north of Garfield Rd, Henrietta. I believe this was the Dickinson farm in the 1950s.
  • 071 dlo 23
    Geotagged 71-DLO-23
    Lorain County, OH
  • 072 dlo 04
    Geotagged 72-DLO-4
    Lorain County, OH
  • 071 dlo 24
    Geotagged 71-DLO-24
    Lorain County, OH
  • 070 dlo 03
    Geotagged 70-DLO-3
    Lorain County, OH
  • 008 tash 08
    Commented on 8-TASH-8
    Ashland County, OH
    Ruggles Church. North side of Rt 224 east of Rt 60.
  • 026 dlo 23
    Commented on 26-DLO-23
    Lorain County, OH
    The Breyley farm on the east side of Hawley Rd just north of Webster Rd. Ted Breyley purchased the farm in 1919 from the Meredith estate, who had owned it since 1840. The 230 acre farm was the home of 92 Holstein cows in 1956 who were fed from the grass, corn, oats and wheat planted here. Featured as Mystery Farm number 35 by the Wellington Enterprise on August 2, 1956. Search the Lorain County home page for "mystery" to see other farms.
  • 021 dlo 24
    Commented on 21-DLO-24
    Lorain County, OH
    Clyde Park's farm on the south side of Rt 18 east of Indian Hollow Rd, Penfield. By 1956 Mr Park had turned the operation of the 150 acres farm over to Robert Eglin and his son. Clyde's father Belden bought it from Bob Lowe in 1940. The farm was planted in corn, soy beans and hay and he raised about 40 white faced Hereford cattle. The duplex house was built in 1920 when the original burned down. Featured as Mystery Farm number 34 by the Wellington Enterprise on July 26, 1956. Search the Lorain County home page for "mystery" to see other farms.
  • 020 dlo 18
    Commented on 20-DLO-18
    Lorain County, OH
    Howard Jordan's farm in the NE corner of Rt 58 and New London Eastern Rd (Upper right corner), Huntington. He purchased the farm in 1950 from Emmanuel Herold. It was also known as the old Ward place. Jordan raised Corriedale sheep, one of the oldest cross breeds used for both meat and wool. He won the Ohio State sheep breeder's trophy in 1953 and 1954 and had 100 ewes in 1956. The 118 acres was planted mostly in alfalfa. Featured as Mystery Farm number 33 by the Wellington Enterprise on July 19, 1956. Search the Lorain County home page for "mystery" to see other farms.
  • 018 ser 16
    Commented on 18-SER-16
    Erie County, OH
    Little Joe's Restaurant and Night Club on the east side of Campbell Rd (2710 Campbell) north of Bell Ave next to Pipe Creek. Owned by Joe Artino. It was here at least since the early 1950s as a restaurant and became a night club in the early 1960s. It was listed as a carry out in 1976 but no address given. A Little Joe's advertised at 140 Columbus Ave by 2000. This building was replaced by a modern building sometime before 1997. Today the Firelands Association of Realtors is here.
  • 018 ser 15
    Commented on 18-SER-15
    Erie County, OH
    SE corner of Bell Ave (left side of photo) at Campbell Rd, Sandusky. The farmhouse and the cross shaped barn are still there. The lower right part of this photo is now the Area Office on Aging.
  • 055 dlo 30
    Liked 55-DLO-30
    Lorain County, OH
  • 055 dlo 31
    Liked 55-DLO-31
    Lorain County, OH
  • 055 dlo 33
    Liked 55-DLO-33
    Lorain County, OH
  • 055 dlo 32
    Liked 55-DLO-32
    Lorain County, OH